Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Cooking Light Slow Cooker Cookbook

Cooking Light Cook's Essential Recipe Collection: Slow Cooker: 57 essential recipes to eat smart, be fit, live well (the Cooking Light.cook's ESSENTIAL RECIPE COLLECTION)
I've always wanted to cook through a cookbook cover to cover.  More than likely because I am a tad bit OCD and love the idea of completing every cookbook I own.  Perhaps that is why Julie and Julia appealed to me.

This healthy slow cooker book is definitely not as complicated as Mastering the Art of French Cooking.  But I feel it is a good place to start this endeavor. 

This blog is about being healthy so I won't overwhelm with my adventures dumping stuff into a crockpot everyday.  There will be no time limit, but I will not cook out of another book until I have completed this one.  The next kicker is - we are moving.  My husband is starting a job 6 hours away and will be apart from me for a few weeks so I will wait to start this journey until we are moved and settled a bit.  This will be a perfect opportunity for me to gather ingredients and explore the different markets in our new area.

I can't wait to dig into this cookbook though.  There are some pretty yummy comfort food type recipes - like: Italian Pot Roast with Artichoke & Potatoes (354 calories per serving), Pinto Bean Chili with Corn and Winter Squash (319 calories), Homestyle Potato Soup (194 calories), Beef Burgundy (398 calories), and so many more!

Even desserts like Caramel Pie

Every recipe has the nutrition information underneath.  I bought two Cooking Light cookbooks recently and I am in love with the brand before I've even tried any of the food.  I would buy every single one, but figured I had better venture into cooking a couple recipes before going too crazy.  So order this cookbook if you like Slow Cookin'  and stay tuned for what the recipes really look like after I get hold of them. 

Scrumptious Love,
E.N. Graham

1 comment:

  1. Hi, this is a cool idea. But I'm writing u here to ask u to ck ur emails from me,if u have the time.lots of luck with this. Laura Graham

    ReplyDelete