Saturday, April 9, 2011

My Food

I have been steadily losing weight with cutting out junk food and exercising.  Maybe I am one of few, but I am okay with eating the same thing everyday.  As long as its something I like - I have no problem with eating the same basic thing with minor changes.  My new eating plan looks like this:

Breakfast: 
Oil pulling in the morning (obviously I don't eat this)
Large glass of Green Tea
Egg whites for breakfast - cooked with a bit of back pepper

Lunch:
fish - either mahi mahi, salmon, flounder, tilapia, or tuna
beans
romaine and tomato

Dinner:
Meat - beef, chicken, or turkey
fresh salsa
beans
shredded cheese
guacamole
romaine
sometimes I add salsa verde

Dessert:
a square of dark chocolate

I was trying to have a glass of red wine everynight, but I've stopped that for now as it seems counterproductive.
 
If I have any snacks in there - it's either a banana or orange with cinnamon.

Obviously 8 glasses of water (at least) and the occasional glass of chocolate milk - like about 4 ounces after working out and only after hard workouts.  If I hit a seemingly unbreakable plateau - I'll take out the dark chocolate and milk first.  If the scale stays the same for 3 weeks in a row - bye bye chocolate ha ha. 

You'll notice there is a lack of bread, but I'm still getting carbs through other foods.  I am not counting anything - just eating yummy whole food and working out as much as possible.

It really is difficult to shop for a varied menu when trying to lose weight.  This way I bought everything I needed for weeks of meals in bulk.  I'm never bored with this spread.  I definitely don't feel deprived.  In fact, I feel overindulged.  I really do think eating the same meals everyday is key to stop mindlessly overeating.

If I am faced with going to a restaurant - I definitely don't miss out!  I look for things with a high protein content and try to avoid cream sauces and fried foods.  But I almost always get dessert when we go out to a restaurant.  If they have an amazing dessert that I am dying to try - I am sure to eat only half of my meal, box the rest or give it away, and then share the dessert.  I have water with my meals, sometimes I'll have unsweetened tea - but that is very rare.  And whenever I am craving food from a restaurant that has carry out - I opt for the carry out - this means no bread on the table, no bright and shiny pictures of food on the table, no waiters bringing by a huge tray of chocolate cake.

I am very close to a 30 pound weight loss and the energy that is returning to me....well it makes me sad I lost all of that in the first place, but through much self discovery and inspired action, I am at an amazing place in my life.  Cheers to eating and enjoying real and whole food! 

Scrumptious Love,
E.N. Graham

No comments:

Post a Comment