Thursday, April 7, 2011

Oil Pulling Day 2

I used 1 tbsp of Olive Oil this morning.  I swished for the full 20 minutes.  I feel more awake - not much else, but it's still early.  Again, it came out frothy white-ish. 

Yesterday after writing the blog, I had some intense backpain on either side.  Who knows if it's related.  My wrist is also killing me this morning, but I know it's from crazy overuse.  I was struggling with a cork on a wine bottle yesterday, opening a really tough jar, doing household chores, lugging suitcases around, lots of typing, and woke up last night realizing I was leaning and sleeping on it.

There are so many variables that unless some miracles happen - I'm not sure I will ever be able to vouch for healing.  But I can say my 'morning breath' didn't seem bad at all and my teeth are whitening as if I used one of the many bleaching products in my cabinet, but I haven't used any of them in months.

I will report in for the first 5 days of oil pulling and after that I will only mention it if I see any remarkable changes. 

Update for Day 2 (evening):  My wrist feels okay again, but I've had the brace on most of the day.  Of course it will never be proven if it was eventual recovery from oil pulling, time, the brace, or a combination. 

Also I had my workout session with my trainer and something happened that I have never seen happen before - after the workout my face was beet red.  My heart was not beating hard - it didn't feel as though my blood pressure was soaring - in fact I felt pretty good - just kinda warm and tired from the workout.  I googled 'face red after workout' and got many sites saying the same thing: 
"When you work out, your body produces heat. One way that your body makes sure it doesn't overheat is by sweating, of course, but your body also increases blood circulation to the skin's surfaces, so the heat can be radiated off (smart bod). Warm, oxygenated blood rushes to your face, turning it that bright red color. It's receiving lots of healthy blood, bringing nutrients to your skin and carrying away toxins." 
~from
fitsugar.com

I've never really had good circulation so if this marks an improvement - awesome.  If this is caused by oil pulling then it is no wonder why people claim they look 10 years younger.  It's that pink healthy glow.  I am drinking green tea after the swishing sessions as well and I started this when I started swishing.  I realize this would completely screw up a regular scientific experiment, but   1. I have drank green tea for weeks everyday in the past and never had much happen.  and   2. This is not a scientific experiment.  Just my experience of any positive or adverse effects.  Oil may just be a great mouth cleaner - it would be nice if it were more, but I think the only way to really know is to try it for yourself.  (As with all suggestions on this blog - check with a medical professional before attempting). 


Scrumptious Love,
E.N. Graham

No comments:

Post a Comment